Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 pa + car and family healthcare
Reference: PS / EM9812
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 05/01/2018
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are pleased to be working with a major business within heavy industry based close to Middlesborough as they look to recruit an Engineering Manager to manage maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment across 2 plants.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and managing a sizeable team of engineering personnel, the role will involve:
- To ensure that the engineering department achieves optimum plant availability. Recommends and directs actions to correct adverse deviations.
- To monitor and direct annual engineering expenditure in accordance with defined standards and negotiate contracts up to major project status.
- Continuous monitoring/appraisal of plant and equipment performance, compilation and presentation of major maintenance submissions to improve plant performance, availability, reduce costs and improve plant assets
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are satisfied by establishing and maintaining statutory and mandatory equipment registers. Ensure regular monitoring and maintenance of environmental control equipment.
- Direct and authorise future design and development requirements in order to meet strategy and capital plans.
- Keep abreast of new technology and new techniques in process development and product improvement.
- Establish and maintain high standards of discipline, safety and housekeeping by monitoring and review of performance.
- To regularly monitor managers' performance and career development, in order to identify training needs to ensure an efficient team and viable succession plan.
- Foster and extend other human resource initiatives.
- Negotiate with Trade Unions to ensure continuity of operations within National and Local Agreements.
The business are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering or Engineering Manager with experience of heavy industry.
Ideally you will educated to degree level or equivalent and have had experience of working with trade unions.
You must have the ability to optimise plant performance and potential to effect improvement by using engineering control techniques such as long term planning, coordination of resources and engineering and the development and implementation of major capital schemes.
In return, the company can offer a very competitive starting salary, including company car and family health scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineering professional to continue their career with a national business.
Divisional Manager - Engineering
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07792 268 685
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Engineering Manager, Reference: PS / EM9812". Thank you for your interest.